The NLC may use committees to assist in its work and assist neighborhood associations. Each committee shall be approved by the NLC with a charge, which shall be reviewed annually. Committee members may be volunteers or appointed. The rules are as follows.
- A Committee of the NLC must include at least one NLC representative but may also include non-NLC members.
- Committees can meet in person or electronically.
- Committees shall report back to the NLC at least twice a year.
- Committee cannot commit the NLC to a policy or position without a vote on the matter by the NLC itself.
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016, the Neighborhood Leaders Council unanimously approved a resolution to to build a community that is welcoming, inclusive, just and safe for everyone.
In April 2018, the Equity Committee was approved unanimously with the following charge:
- To help provide direction and resources to the NLC and therefore Neighborhood Associations, with capacity building assistance from HRNI staff. Direction and resources will focus on helping Neighborhood Associations with strategies to reduce barriers to participation and in working towards being more inclusive through increasing awareness around equity issues and participating in neighborhood hate/bias prevention and response.
- Meeting Information: TBA
- Contact Information: Wayne Wilson
Housing and Homelessness Committee
In February 2018, the NLC Housing & Homelessness Committee was approved unanimously with the following charge:
- Establish a resource group of neighborhood leaders with housing/homelessness subject matter expertise to assist neighborhood associations with homelessness related issues,
- Provide a sounding board within NLC meetings to identify and discuss current and future issues facing Neighborhoods related to homelessness, and
- Facilitate monthly meetings to support the acquisition and siting of shelter, sanitation and other supports for their unhoused residents.
- Meeting Information: 12pm on the fourth Thursday of each month at the McNail-Riley house
- Contact Information: Betty Grant, North Eugene and Heather Sielicki, South Eugene or subscribe to group email list at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nlc-hhs
Land Use Committee
In April 2018, the Land Use Committee was approved unanimously with the following charge:
- Review and evaluate issues of concern to neighborhood leaders and provide information and recommendations for advisory motions to the City Council and for actions to protect, repair and enhance neighborhood livability. Provide information to neighbors to help them better understand land use planning and effectively advocate on land use for their neighbors.
- Meeting Information: TBA
- Contact Information: Carolyn Jacobs and Jon Belcher