Join your neighbors and Paul Conte on Wednesday, January 13 for a lively evening that will provide you the tools and confidence to take charge of planning your own neighborhood community’s future.
- What: Trust the Neighbors: An Introduction to Community-Based Planning Presented by Paul Conte
- When: Wednesday, January 13th, 7-10pm
- Where:Tsunami Books, 2585 Willamette St.
What you will learn:
- What “community-based planning” means in practical terms
- The foundational ethics and principles of community-based planning
- Basic organizational requirements for community-based planning
- Basic process requirements for community-based planning
- Key documents in a community-based plan
- The typical arguments against community-based planning and how to counter them
- How to mitigate the risks that arise during community-based planning
- Oregon’s Goal One – Citizen Involvement and what the means for you and your neighbors
- The “refinement plan” – Oregon’s statutory form of community-based plan
- Applying community-based planning to the South Willamette Street area and other…
View original post 251 more words