Neighborhood Leaders Council
Minutes of March 22, 2016
Neighborhoods Present: Amazon, Churchill, Downtown, Far West, Friendly, Jefferson Westside, South University, Southeast, Trainsong, West University, Whiteaker, and Human Rights & Neighborhood Involvement Staff
1. Approval of February minutes – approved
2. Public comment – none
3. City sponsored summer events in parks –
Guest: Colette Rameriz, City of Eugene Lib/Rec/Cultural Services
A variety of EugFun! neighborhood park events, concerts, movie nights is happening this season. Printed EugFun! season “passport” and online schedule ready in May. See http://www.EugFun.org.
City makes an effort to spread events and their events budget throughout the city. Contact Colette with any neighborhood input and/or NA outreach suggestions. Colette.M.RamirezMaddock@ci.eugene.or.us
4. Red Cross/First Aid Service Teams
Guests: Carisa Hettich and Sam Haffey
Recruiting volunteer teams for summer Olympic Trials. Free first aid/CPR training offered in April. Open to high school juniors/seniors and adults. Also Red Cross continues their Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, with free smoke alarms. Consider them for community info tables at our neighborhood events.
5. HRNI Report – circulated electronically
6. Budget Committee update – we have no information yet re: proposed outreach budget for FY17. It is not clear if we will have any information before the city manager presents his proposal in May. Anyone may sign up to receive City Budget Committee updates:
7. Neighborhood Highlights – lots of juicy stuff
8. Next meeting agenda – City Parks & Open Spaces staff will talk about notification for pesticide spraying, pesticide free parks program, etc. Next quarterly Neighborhood Chat will be earlier the same evening.